Gaming license in Romania
Romania is a part of the European Union, which makes obtaining license there very appealing. What’s more, Romania gaming license is one of the most popular license for the casinos around the world. The following types of gaming are allowed in Romania: ground gaming, slot machines, sweepstakes, poker, roulette, bingo, blackjack, and online gaming (Internet rooms).
Types of licenses:
• Class 1 – must be obtained by B2C operator in order to offer gaming services in the Romanian market;
• Class 2 – must be obtained by B2B providers specializing in the gaming industry who supply products/services to B2C operators licensed in Romania;
• Class 3 – is for the National Romanian Lottery.
- Confirmation of company registration;
- Memorandum of association;
- Three-year business plan;
- Evidence that the company’s managers were not convicted of economic crimes and that there is no such criminal prosecution at the moment;
- Confirmation of ownership or the right to use the office space (for land licenses);
- Rules and description of games;
- Proof of payment of minimum share capital;
- Evidence of compliance with specifications;
- Confirmation of bank deposit or bank guarantee;
- Confirmation of payment of the administrative fee.
Requirements for bookmaker license:
- Operators must have a separate license for each gaming office they have;
- All bookmakers must be connected via the Internet to the controller system;
- Confirmation of payment of minimum share capital of EUR 75,000 is required;
- Confirmation of a bank deposit or bank guarantee of EUR 30,000 (as a guarantee for payment of fees and winnings).
Requirements for slot machines license:
- Not required when they are offered at the casino since the casino license also includes slot machines;
- Minimum requirements for the authorized capital of the company is 75,000 euros;
- Bank deposit or bank guarantee – 25,000 euros (as a guarantee for payment of fees and winnings).
Requirements for casino license:
- The list of documents that should be provided is determined in the public tender;
- Authorized capital – 300 000 euros;
- Bank deposit or bank guarantee – 90 000 euros, as a guarantee for the payment of fees and winnings.
Requirements for bingo license:
- Minimum authorized capital of a company – 75 000 euros;
- Bank deposit or a bank guarantee – 10 000 euros, as a guarantee for payment of fees and winnings.
Requirements for online games license:
- The operator should already have one of the types of on-land licenses;
- Authorized representatives (including directors and any other persons entitled to represent the company) of the casino are not convicted of economic crimes;
- Proper evidence that stuff is trained to work in casinos should be provided.